Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Red Plates? Oh, Yes. I'm Trying to Lose Weight

Want a way to help you control your portions? Eat off of red plates. A new study published in January edition of the scientific journal Appetite showed that people who eat from red plates, rather than white or blue plates, eat less, and people who drink from red cups drink less than those drinking from a blue cup.

“The results suggest that red functions as a subtle stop signal that works outside of focused awareness and thereby reduces incidental food and drink intake,” the authors wrote in the abstract.

So, subconsciously, a red plate is a bit like a stop sign.
stop

Looks like I’m going to have to buy all new plates! I really believe that if anyone’s subconscious has power over them, it is me. I don’t know why I think that … but I do. I’m also one to convince myself something is true, so I may just red plates so that I can think that my subconscious is making me eat less, when really it is me thinking about how I am eating off of a red plate. Either way, I hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment