Friday, January 13, 2012

Having a Boring Job Makes You Eat Chocolate & Drink Booze

If you are bored at work, you are more likely to eat chocolate and drink coffee, and then go home and booze it up, according to this new study, presented today at a conference by researchers from the University of Central Lancashire.

Sitting here with an empty Ghirardelli chocolate wrapper next to me (dark chocolate and white mint… yay), I’m reading this new study and thinking how lucky I am that I rarely ever have a dull moment at work. The newsroom is kind of crazy sometimes.

Out of 102 office workers, a quarter suffered chronic boredom and coped by doing the above. The workers said they were bored because they didn’t have a lot of work to do, and they said that their boredom caused them to lose concentration and make mistakes.

Hm … maybe these people should find something productive to do? Haha, I’m kidding. But, really, I’m not so sure that the study group was large enough to make this blanket statement. If it is, it is kind of sad. I would think that if I got bored at work I would do something more productive … I don’t know like just sit there and thank God that I have nothing to do for once. Or maybe go on Facebook.





<<< Here's a look at my desk, and my friend who is sometimes there to make me smile at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment