Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Write To Lose Weight? Well, OK

I do think that, with how much I write about my feelings in my blogs and personal journals, if this next study was true I would be 93 pounds by now. But hey, maybe if I believe this in my head it will start to come true.
It turns out that woman who were given the opportunity to write for 15 minutes about a value that was most important to her lost two pounds in four months, according to an article here that talks about a study published in this month’s issue of Psychological Science. Women who were told to write about why a value further down her list might be important to someone else actually gained an average of 2.76 pounds four months later.
Journal1One of the study authors says that reflecting on their top value for just this small exercise actually made the women more likely to live healthy lifestyles in the following months. I guess it has been proven before that this works? Well, while I believe that evaluating my values can help me stay honest about my goals and living right, I’m not so sure about the study results. I mean, obviously the women were focused on their weight for the next four months after being weighed for a study. Who knows, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment