Saturday, January 28, 2012

Weekend Word ... Colored Labels for Better Health, Stress Triggers, Emotional Eating, Workouts for Overweight Teens and More...

Study: Colored Labels Help Cafeteria-Goers Eat Healthier
In Montgomery County MD where I live, restaurants are required to put calorie info up front and it has helped me make better choices. I feel as if this may help too.

What's Your Mind Got To Do With Eating?
How to tell if you are really hungry, or if you just want to do some emotional eating. Ask yourself: Did the hunger come on quickly? Do you crave something specific? Do you feel guilty about it? If yes to any of these, it is probably your emotions speaking, not your appetite.

A No-Gym Class Workout
I think this hits the point of what is lacking for healthy living in our educational system today.

For constant updates when a new interesting study comes out, subscribe to my blog (RSS here: http://thewellwire.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default) by email with the form on the right.

1 comment:

  1. Will check these links out! :)

    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog! Let me know how you like the blueberry yogurt muffins!
    Yes, I'm pretty sure you could use sugar instead of stevia. :)

    ReplyDelete