Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Stay Positive and You'll See Health Benefits

One of my favorite quotes of all time is "Be relentlessly positive," by Sally Meyerhoff, a fellow runner (although she was much better than I'll ever be) who I met just a few times, but who has now made a lasting impact on my life and beliefs.

Read Sally's story here. A rising marathoner from AZ, Sally died about a year ago when she was hit by a truck on her road bike.

A new study shows that Sally was right - just by staying positive, we can dramatically improve our lives (through improving our health). The study says that there are benefits of positive reinforcement and positive thinking, although the benefits are only around for so long as the encouragement and reinforcement is around. When it goes away, our health fades.

While some may think that this shows that positive psychology does not work in the long run, I beg to differ. I think that by thinking positive EVERY day, and staying that way, we can live healthier, fitter and better lives.

One more big thank you to Sally ...

No comments:

Post a Comment