Friday, January 27, 2012

The Bones in Our Feet Make Us Fast or Slow

Do you have longer bones in your forefeet and smaller leverage in your Achilles tendon? If so, you are probably a really quick sprinter, according to a new study mentioned in this Medical News Today story that was conducted by Penn State researchers.

This explains a lot, because there are some people who are just SO quick. For example, my boyfriend. He can beat me easy in any kind of a sprint, even if I get a huge head start. I am always amazed at how quickly his speed picks up, leaving me in the dust. And no matter how out of shape he is and no matter how many running drills I do, too!

Usain-Bolt-Gold-Medals-And-Sprint-Training
Usain Bolt, One of my favorite sprinters













Oh, and, off topic … check out this strange story about a 17-year-old girl who almost died this week because she ate pretty much only chicken nuggets her whole life.

Question: Are you a sprinter? Are you about speed or distance?

No comments:

Post a Comment